Thursday, October 21, 2010

Distant Memory

Distant Memory

Tears spill down my face
I just can't get away
This pain
So real, so deep
Consumes my heart
Who do you think you are?
Winning me
The prize you sought
Then throwing me away
Like a worthless souvenir
You picked up along the way
I looked for the good
That I thought I saw
Giving you a chance
To hold my heart
Instead you crushed it
Without a care
Stripping the mask you held
Finding the cold heart
Hidden beneath
Don't have feelings
I don't care to stay
This game you play
Won't touch me
Soon you will see
How strong I can be
Soon you will be
Like a distant memory
A beautiful rose
With thorns that pierced me
The wounds heal
As if it never happened
It will be
As if you don't exist

©Christie cote
October 21, 2010

For Adair Doe

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates