Saturday, July 24, 2010

Didn't Know What I was Losing

“Didn’t know what I was losing”


I didn’t know how much I was leaving behind

When I walked away without even saying good-bye

I never thought I would feel the loss

I’m feeling to this day

My heart aches for what we once had

Wishing I had not given it up for anything

The memories we shared are stored in my heart

Along with the bond that used to be there

You are the friend I miss the most

The one that I used to think would always be there

When we were at the time

When we were inseparable

Always together laughing and even crying

Being there for each other always

I wish for that back

Even as I continue knowing

It is lost forever

I just want you to know how I feel deep inside

I never wanted to leave you behind

You will always have a place in my heart

Where our bond had grown

I love you like the brother I wish I had

I will always care about you

Even when you think I have forgotten about you

I promise you that is not possible

You are one of a kind

A person who makes an impact on the lives

That you interact with

This is me saying good-bye

Even though the words don’t want to come out

Because I know I will never have

What we did again

By: Christie Cote

June 15, 2009

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates